Room of Wonder Magic Show
The Room of Wonder magic show is a simple idea with huge possibilities and a different dynamic and style to either table magic/close-up magic. The basic idea is that the host allocates one room just for the magician. The guests are all told that there is a surprise for them all and they get to find out in small groups. This of course creates huge interest, banter and second guessing and this builds until they are invited to the Room of Wonders. The guests can be invited in a couple of ways:
- The host can grab a small group and bring them to the Room of Wonder. This is a great way for the host or organizer to mingle with all their guests and say hello to them even if they haven’t got a huge amount of time to spend with everybody.
- Pal can pop into the main room and grab a group without giving them any clue as to where they are being brought!
Each group size depend on how many guests are attending but obviously as its close up magic smaller groups are best, with the maximum of about 20 people in each group. The Room of Wonder concept is the best way to experience close up magic, with a quiet room and perfect sight lines so everybody can get really up close and personal. Once a group has seen the act and are about to leave Pal asks them to keep the secret and to remain silent no matter what the pressure is…soon enough everybody will have seen the amazing close up magic and the secret is out.
Room of Wonder Benefits
- Perfect place for viewing, everybody gets a great seat and can hear every word.
- Suspense builds in the room as guests speculate as to what the surprise might be.
- Perfect for small intimate parties where walk around and table magic wouldn’t be suitable.
- A new concept in close up magic performance. Perfect if you wish to integrate amazing magic in a novel and interesting way.
Close up magicians usually perform moving from group to group meandering around and astonishing one group at a time. This has many wonderful attributes but also a couple of small negatives. Sometimes the volume is very loud in the room and the magician has to bellow to be heard, waiters are constantly dropping by with canapés and people often have bad viewing angles. The Room of Wonder concept removes all those issues and is perfect for small to medium sized events.